The APA Editors Group is made up of editing companies working in commercials.
Like the other specialist groups in the APA, it’s members benefit from all membership services. Editor’s Group members also benefit from being informed as to what is happening in commercials production generally. The Editor’s Group, in addition, address issues relating to editing in commercials:
1. It has integrated education as to what commercials editing do into the APA Masterclass.
2. It promotes the expertise of it’s members through the APA Show and the book and dvd of it, which is distributed to advertising agencies worldwide.
3. It addressed editing issues, such as definitions of cuts and payment terms and is working toward standard terms and conditions for editing in commercials.
4. It is an advocate of editors interests and concerns to advertising agencies, through the IPA.
5. It provides networking opportunities and greater integration into commercials production as a whole.